The concept of Performance Physiotherapy has been founded by Dr Chris McLellan PhD, M.Phyio and is unique to P4P via the integration of applied Physiotherapy combined with Advanced Strength and Conditioning techniques.
Dr McLellan brings a unique skill set and extensive experience in high performance strength and conditioning, in the form of a PhD in exercise and sports science, combined with Masters level qualifications in Physiotherapy to produce innovative and unique approaches to injury prevention and rehabilitation. Performance Physiotherapy involves the integration of advanced techniques including post activation potentiation (PAP), complex, hybrid and plyometric multidirectional strength and power training techniques as part of the injury rehabilitation process to accelerate recovery and facilitate return to training, sport and competition in an individualised manner.
The evolution of the Performance Physiotherapy model is based on the comprehensive experience of Dr McLellan through his roles as Performance Coordinator in Professional Rugby Union from 1998-2006, Director of Athletic Performance at the Gold Coast Titans in the National Rugby League from 2007-2012, Head of Sports Science at the Brisbane Lions from 2013-2015.
Performance Physiotherapy is particularly beneficial in the following circumstances:
• Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) rehabilitation
• Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) rehabilitation
• Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) rehabilitation
• Hamstring injury rehabilitation
• Quadricep / Hip Flexor rehabilitation
• Lateral Ankle sprain rehabilitation
• Achilles tendon injury rehabilitation
• ITB and Patello-Femoral conditions
• Osteitis Pubis rehabilitation
• Post Total Knee Replacement (TKR) surgery
• Post Shoulder Reconstruction and Labral Tear rehabilitation
• Post Supraspinatus / Rotator Cuff surgery
• Scapulo-Thoracic conditions
Please contact the clinic on 1300 898 414 for more information to arrange an appointment.
Appointments can also be made online at www.phase4performance.com.au